As the world strives to be more environmentally responsible with each passing day, this change is reflected in the motor vehicle industry, as there are a greater range of car types available than ever before. While it may seem simple enough to purchase a hybrid or electric car to reduce your environmental impact, there a range of factors to consider before making such a large investment. So before taking a side in the petrol vs hybrid vs electric debate, consider which option best fits your lifestyle and financial situation.
As an expert Brisbane car broker, we take the difficulty out of the hybrid vs petrol purchasing debate by providing vehicle solutions that pair you with the right car to suit your budget and lifestyle. To get started, give us a call on 1300 378 387 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Petrol vs Hybrid vs Electric: Cost
- Cheapest initial purchasing price of the three options, making a petrol car the easiest way to become a car owner.
- Biggest range available meaning you are more likely to find a petrol car that suits your exact budget.
- Cheaper to insure a petrol vs electric car, meaning you save more money on insurance over time.
- While the initial price is cheaper, petrol cars are more expensive to maintain, meaning the price builds up over time.
- Fuel is expensive, meaning owning and operating a petrol car is a constant drain on your finances.
- As hybrid cars feature an electric engine, they require less fuel to cover long distances when compared to a petrol car, saving costs on fuel.
- If you purchase a hybrid car, you may be eligible for a tax rebate to help with the cost.
- When comparing hybrid vs petrol car’s initial purchase price, you are guaranteed to pay more for the hybrid because of both the combustion and electric engines.
- This combination of a petrol engine and electric motor also means a hybrid is more expensive to maintain.
- The most cost-effective option when it comes to running the vehicle, as electricity is cheaper than fuel.
- With less moving parts, an electric car is also cheaper to maintain.
- Of the three options, electric cars are typically the most expensive to purchase.
- Insurance is typically more expensive for electric cars, due to their premium quality.
Petrol vs Hybrid vs Electric: Environmental Impact
- It is well documented how harmful petrol cars are for the environment, making this the worst choice for reducing environmental impact.
- More environmentally friendly than petrol cars, though not as much as electric vehicles.
- The winner of the hybrid vs electric debate when it comes to environmental impact, electric vehicles are the most eco-friendly cars available.
Petrol vs Hybrid vs Electric: Convenience
- Petrol options are always going to be the most convenient vehicles to own and operate in the petrol vs electric car Whether on the street or from a dealership, petrol cars are always available to be purchased, while fuel stations are abundant all over the country. There are also a greater range of petrol cars, meaning you are sure to find the perfect make and model for you.
- By using both fuel and electricity, hybrid cars allow owners to enjoy the benefits of owning a hybrid car while still featuring a fuel option for convenience.
- While electric vehicles are better for the environment, they do so at the cost of convenience. With electric charging stations being less common, one must plan ahead to ensure their journey features locations that have these charging stations readily available.
Petrol vs Hybrid vs Electric: General Performance
- Due to their use of fuel, petrol cars reach faster speeds than the other options, while they are also able to cover longer distances without needing to refuel.
- Despite using fuel alongside their electric motors, hybrid cars are generally slower than petrol options. They also feature weaker handling because of their more compact and lightweight nature.
- The hybrid vs electric vs petrol debate sees electric cars losing when it comes to general speed, as electric vehicles offer slower performance overall. They are faster to start than petrol cars though because of their instant acceleration.
Find the Perfect Car for You with eCarz Today!
Finding the right vehicle can be a daunting experience as you balance your budget and lifestyle to find something that meets all your needs. This is not something you need to do alone however, as the team here at eCarz is dedicated to helping you find your dream car by providing affordable solutions.
Our car buying service allows you to sell your current vehicle to help fund your next purchase as our brokers work to find the perfect option for you. For any queries, or to get started, send an email to email@example.com or give us a call on 1300 378 387.